Asbestos Building Surveys and Other Services
As well as offering asbestos removal and building surveys to our clients, we can also provide a variety of additional services to help cater for difficult situations you may encounter.
Our services include:
- Asbestos removal (both licensable and non licensable)
- Asbestos surveys (management & refurbishment/demolition)
- Asbestos consultancy
- Soft strips (refurbishment or demolition projects)
- Environmental services such as pigeon guano removal
- Reinstatement works
- Lead based paint removal
What Is Asbestos? And Where Will You Find It?
Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that is mined and manufactured into a wide variety of products used for thermal and acoustic insulation, fire resistance, electrical insulation, flexibility and resistance to chemicals. Asbestos is broken down into 6 different minerals.
These are defined as:
- White – Chrysotile
- Brown – Amosite
- Blue – Crocidolite
- Others are called Tremolite, Anthophylite and Actinolite (These are not commonly used within the U.K.)
Asbestos can be found in over 1000 building products within both domestic and commercial properties. This is why it’s vital a comprehensive survey is undertaken.
Typical uses are shown below:
- Garage and shed roofs
- Wall, ceiling and door linings
- Gasket and rope seals
- Floor and ceiling tiles
- Pipe and boiler Insulation
- Coatings to structural walls, ceilings and steel work
- Textured coating (Artex)
- In ducts and partitions as fire protection
If you require an asbestos building survey, removal, or any other of our services, please contact us. You can download our company profile by clicking on the image.
If you maintain a list of Asbestos Removal Contractors, we would be happy to provide any additional information you may need to add us to your suppliers list.